What is the project discovery?
Project discovery is a process of gathering information about a project to help people understand its vision, goals, and scope.
It helps identify the client, users, and stakeholders’ needs and defines the system’s strong and weak points or app.
Why the project discovery is needed
17% of IT projects turn out so bad. They cause the collapse of the company. While only 7% of the projects are delivered late, 45% exceed the estimated budget. Careful analysis and planning could prevent many failures.
Also, I suggest having a project discovery :
- if you have no complete idea of the final product.
- If your project has several stakeholders
- If your projects are too complicated.
- And if you plan for long-term projects.
What happens when you refuse the project discovery stage?
- You may be faced with a project that doesn’t meet your needs.
- Your project implementation may extend the expected boundary.
- You may run out of money because of the extended boundary.
- The deadlines of the milestone may be missed.
What will be the steps of the project discovery?
- In the first step, we will analyze the company requirements by interviewing stakeholders.
- In the second step, we will have some market research about the requirements besides analyzing similar studies.
- In the third step, we will work on the strategy about actions targeted at bringing the idea to life. What’s more, the task should be performed with financial and time benefits in mind.
- In the fourth step, we will prepare the functional design that contains everything related to the application or site’s operation and functionality.
- In the fifth step, we will transform the functional design into a visual prototype that will bring the idea to reality.
- In the sixth step, we will work on the technical side of the application and prepare a technical design.
- In the last step, we will prepare a rough estimate of the project implementation cost. The purpose is to give an understanding of what costs the project may require.
Please call us to talk more about how we could convert your idea to reality or help you in your organization’s digital transformation.