It uses technology to not only “automate” business processes, but also optimize the workflows for improved efficiency.
How to Know If Your Business Needs Automation?
Few key elements that can help you find out if your business needs automation. You can think of developing a custom BPA software if your business has processes that are:
- Involve a series of predictable steps
- Consistent across the organization
- Needs to be error-free
Business Process Automation facilitates businesses to
- Execute recurring tasks
- Cut costs
- Make processes error-proof and transparent,
- Increase productivity and
- Streamline operations
Is Business Process Automation Suitable for Small and Medium Businesses Too?
Well, it’s a common misconception that Business Process Automation is useful only in cases of complex business tasks. Every business can benefit from Business Process Automation. Business Process Automation is about making every work process better – even simple tasks like mass emailing or sending notifications, for that matter.
Depending on the work process to be optimized, Business Process Automation can either be wholly stand-alone or be part of a larger initiative.
Let’s take a look at different approaches for Business Process Automation that you can apply:
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) – It’s about automating to improve the lackluster processes.
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) – BPR works just like BPI, with the critical difference being that it focuses on tearing down and rebuilding business processes from scratch. At times re-designing happens because of new technologies.
- Business Process Management (BPM) – BPM is about continuous improvement – unlike BPI or BPR, which are more of one-time initiatives. BPM is something a company does systematically. Accordingly, BPA will streamline and automate outdated processes.
Based on the approach you choose to apply, you can use any of the following types of automation:
- Basic automation – You can create a central server to store all the essential business info. With all the critical data in one place, you’ll be able to improve the speed of work and its system.
- Process automation – it can help your business achieve consistency and build effective task management. This type of BPA is achieved by using custom software or purchasing off-the-shelf business tools.
- Artificial intelligence automation – You can use a bot (a piece of software designed for a specific function), in this case, that is trained using machine learning to perform high-volume, repeatable tasks. They are used for data entry, form checking, or rekeying the interface between a system and the user into something streamlined and easy to use.
Let us now understand why you must invest in a custom Business Process Automation platform.